South and East reaches West – digital platform for promotion of writers in post-conflict societies
Literary Residence Program
Reading Balkans Residency – Cyprus 2019
The Literary Residence Program ‘Reading Balkans’ is open to welcome fiction writers, poets, essayists and playwrights from Cyprus.
The Literary Residency is prearranged by Reading Balkans project in cooperation with the Publishing House Goga (SI), Goten Publishing (MKD), Udruženje Krokodil (SRB). Reading Balkans project is co-funded by Creative Europe programme of European Union.
We are in particular paying attention in writers who are innovative, who in their works deal with contemporary themes and topics.
We will enable the participation of writers of all ages and sexes with a common criterion: that their works reflect topics of reconciliation, the role of culture in (post)conflict societies, and the importance of dialogue to fight nationalism and intolerance.
For the year 2019, the call for applications is launched for 3 authors. Each residency duration will be 4 weeks. All residencies will be arranged between January 1st and April 30th, 2019.
Number of residencies
(Name of the Host, Country (Town), Number of residencies)
- Publishing House Goga, Slovenia (Novo mesto), 1
- Krokodil, Serbia (Beograd), 1
- Goten Publishing, Macedonia (Skopje), 1
The fellowship for the writers will include
- 4-week stay in a fully furnished writers’ apartment
- contribution for travel costs (up to 500 EUR)
- Grant in the amount of 1.000 EUR gross,
- One literary event with the author in the city of the residency
The application consists of:
- a bio-bibliography – a short Curriculum vitae and art life, including the list of the works published,
- a recommendation of the publisher or of Writers or Translators Association
- a synopsis of the project to be undertaken during four week staying in residency (max. half page);
- the full address (phone number and e-mail address – max. 2 lines)
- Photography that we can use for promotion of the author (web page, catalogues, …)
The application material should be sent in English. The deadline for the applications is November 29, 2018.
The fellowships will be awarded by the Board of the Reading Balkans Project.
The applicants will be informed about the decision of the jury via e-mail, by December 10, 2018.