Deadline for the year 2019 has been extended – new deadline is November 4, 2018!
For the year 2019, the call for applications is launched for 21 authors. Each residency duration will be 4 weeks. All residencies will be arranged between March 1st and June 30th, 2019.
Number of residencies
(Name of the Host, Country (Town), Number of residencies)
- Publishing House Goga, Slovenia (Novo mesto), 3
- Krokodil, Serbia (Beograd), 3
- Goten Publishing, Macedonia (Skopje), 3
- Udruga Kurs, Croatia (Split), 3
- Poeteka, Albania (Tirana), 3
- Qendra Multimedia, Kosovo (Prishtina), 3
- PEN BIH, Bosnia and Hercegovina (Sarajevo), 3
The fellowship for the writers will include
- 4-week stay in a fully furnished writers’ apartment
- contribution for travel costs (up to 150 EUR)
- Grant in the amount of 1.000 EUR gross,
- One literary event with the author in the city of the residency
The application consists of:
- a bio-bibliography – a short Curriculum vitae and art life, including the list of the works published,
- a recommendation of the publisher or of Writers or Translators Association
- a synopsis of the project to be undertaken during the four-week stay in residency (max. half page);
- full address, (mobile)phone number and e-mail address)
The application material should be sent in Croatian, Serbian (Latin), Bosnian, Montenegrin, or English. The deadline for the applications is November 4, 2018. The fellowships will be awarded by the Board of the Reading Balkans Project. The applicants will be informed about the decision of the jury via e-mail, by November 15, 2018.